The idea of creating a design and selling it online is exciting and the thought of getting your very first sale is equally thrilling. You do have to keep in mind that the actual selling of your product is a different story. If you are an introverted person like me you will need to work extra hard to promote your products.
Stop! I know what you’re thinking. Even though it’s hard, please STILL pursue selling digital products because with dedication and consistency it will be worth it. Just like what the saying goes “Rome is not built in a day”.
To help you set your expectations, I have listed the things you may encounter along the way.
- You might feel like a stunning design is enough. Let’s say, yes you have created a rockstar design and have launched it online. Don’t rely on that particular design to skyrocket sales in only a couple of days. It doesn’t work that way. What I advise you to do is to keep on promoting it and at the same time create more designs to have a better chance of reaching a wider audience.
- No or extremely low sales are normal. Don’t fret. Since you are just starting, the platform doesn’t recognize you yet. This is where consistency comes in. Try to upload a product every day for at least 3-6 months. The platform loves consistency and when they notice that you are constantly uploading a product you will have a greater chance to rank on the first page.
- You might feel discouraged after a few days or weeks. Been there done that. I know how discouraging it feels when you see that there are no views and impressions your product is getting. I would have to say hang in there.
Carry on marketing and promoting your designs because It takes time to establish customers that will buy your products. What you can do is research different strategies or approaches and promote on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, or other social media platforms.
- There will be a time where you will have a creative block. This means the inability to come up with design ideas. All designers experience this. Know that you are not alone. When I have this, I usually take short breaks because the more you push yourself to think of something the more that you won’t come up with anything.
So what you can do is take breaks, eat your comfort food or browse for inspiration (i.e creative market, Pinterest) or do anything that will make you feel better. Afterward, I’m sure you will come back with a clear mind and fresh ideas.
These are just some of those instances that may come your way when selling your digital products or starting your digital business. What I have learned in these experiences is that I need to fight it or else I won’t progress. I hope you do the same. I always treat these as challenges that will make us stronger and better as entrepreneurs. If you are passionate about this, then you will go a long way.
If you want some ideas on what digital products to sell that won’t take much of your time. Read this: Easy Digital Products That Are Not Time-Consuming.
Think when should you start selling digital products? Read this: 5 Reasons Why You Should Start Selling Digital Products Now.
Get Insights from my other blogs
- The Truth About Selling Digital ProductsThe idea of creating a design and selling it online is exciting and the thought of getting your very first sale is equally thrilling. …
- Create A Professional Brand BoardCreate A Professional Brand Board Template that you can sell online. Brand kits or brand boards refer to the visual overview of one’s business. …
- Income streams for Creative PeopleAre you someone who doesn’t want to settle on your 9-5 job? Or are you looking for other ways to earn money? Just like …